Starting April 13, Bombardier employees in Canada, and their eligible
dependents, can connect with a Canadian-licensed doctor for medical care
from a phone, tablet or computer – any time, 24/7. The service is provided
by Maple and covered by your benefits package.
Here’s how it works: When you log on, you’ll be connected with a doctor who
can treat many common medical conditions online including allergies, asthma,
cold and flu, infections, pink eye, a sore throat for example. During your
consultation, you can receive diagnoses, prescriptions and lab requisitions if
needed. You can also use our provider’s online platform to easily keep track of
- All permanent and temporary full-time active employees in Canada (BA, BT and Binc)
- Employees that were temporarily laid off due to Covid-19 measures
Who’s not eligible? Retirees, students and employees on maternity, paternity
or parental leave, short-term and long-term leave or those on assignment to
and outside Canada, temporary part-time employees.
Connect with a doctor virtually
- Register with Maple:
- If you have a Bombardier email address, you’ll receive an email invitation from Maple to sign up with instructions to create your account. If you try another login option, the system won’t recognize you so make sure you use your Bombardier email if you have one!
- If you don’t have a Bombardier email address, log in to Maple’s online portal at www.getmaple.ca/bombardier using your insurance certificate number, which you can find it on your Industrial Alliance card.
Don’t have your card? Here’s your insurance certificate number:
- BA Montreal employees: use your employee identification number (B-number) without the leading zeros (ex: if your B-number is B0123456, your insurance certificate number is 123456. If your B-number is B0012345, your insurance certificate number is 12345)
- BA Toronto employees: Your certificate number begins with 99, followed by your 5-digit clock number (ex: If your clock number is 12345, your insurance certificate number is 9912345)
- BT employees: use your 8-digit CPID number
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com
2. When a medical need arises, log in to your Maple account through the
mobile application or website and request a consultation with a general
3. Choose how you want to connect with a doctor – by text, audio or video chat.
You can download the app for iPhone, iPads and Android devices!